Don’t be a stepmom – be a mom.
Don’t be a stepdad – be a dad.
Legal Document Assistance for adoptions
1706 Chester Avenue, Suite 311
Bakersfield, CA 93301
What are the different types of adoption?
- Stepparent adoption – Adoption of your spouse’s children after the other parent’s rights have been terminated, the other parent has died, or the other parent consents to the adoption. We can help with this type of adoption.
- Adult adoption – Adoption of an adult, generally for tax or inheritance purposes. We can help with this type of adoption.
- Foster care adoption – These are children whose parents are unable to take care of them. If the parents are living, their parental rights have been terminated. The foster care system generally helps with this type of adoption.
- Private domestic adoption – Adoption of a child with the consent of the birth parents. We can help with this type of adoption.
- Private international adoption – Adoption of a foreign child. This type of adoption generally requires the services of an adoption agency in the country where the child was born and an immigration attorney in the United States. Therefore, we do not help with this type of adoption.
How much does an adoption cost?
- Termination of parental rights for purposes of stepparent adoption – Document preparation $550
- Stepparent adoption – Court fees $40, Document preparation $850, Investigation fees vary.
- Adult adoption – Court fees $40, Document preparation $650
- Private adoption – Court fees $40, Document preparation $950, Investigation fees approximately $4,500